“The West Central Ohio Safety Council is an organization co-sponsored by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Division of Safety & Hygiene and the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to increase awareness and the importance of safety, health, and wellness to area businesses and community.
Presentation of $1015.00 check for Meals Til Monday, West Central Ohio Safety Council’s charity donation for 2017.
Safety Council Goals
- Retaining and increasing membership.
- Coordinating membership meetings beyond the BWC program requirements.
- Providing opportunities for the BWC to report to the membership on issues of interest.
- Review the Ruth Kreher Safety Person of the Year Award; revise to better serve safety mission.
- Continue to increase online presence through the use of social media and other outlets.
- Schedule motivational speaker.
- Support community through donations to Toys4Tots and other local charities.
- 2017 Successes & 2018 Goals
- $30/year – Annual Membership Dues
Safety + Health Magazine – publication of the National Safety Council
- Visit www.sh.nsc.org for online resources and articles
Steering Committee Members
President: Craig Hohenbrink, INEOS
Vice President: Amy Ricker, Lima Pallet Company
Past President: Tony Daley, Spallinger Millwright
Mike Meenach, Lima Construction Services
Micah Brown, Premier Insulation Contracting
Jessie Kidwell, WCORHA
Rose Hesseling, HCF Management
Crystal Jackson, Husky Lima Refinery
Dean Bidlack, BWC
Jed Metzger, LACCC
Safety Council Manager: Deb Katzenmeyer
Regional Customer Service Office
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation offers more than 74 occupational safety, health and ergonomic courses for Ohio employees to attend. Classes are available online and held throughout the state at our regional service offices.
One of the benefits for employers with active workers’ compensation coverage is there is no additional charge to register their employees for classes. The following is a list of courses available online and at the Lima Customer Service Office. A listing of courses offered at our other service offices can be found at ohiobwc.com under the safety services section of the website.
For additional information as to how you can participate in Safety Council, contact Deb Katzenmeyer at 419.222.6708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.