The West Central Ohio Safety Council’s monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30am at Howard Johnson Lima. We are your primary source for occupational safety, health and wellness, including workers’ compensation information and other resources. Attend our monthly meetings to receive important safety, health and wellness education to help keep your workplaces (and your homes) safe. If you have specific topics you want/need to know about, please let us know via email by clicking the button below.
The West Central Ohio Safety Council, founded in 1955, is an organization co-sponsored by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Division of Safety & Hygiene, and the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to increase awareness and the importance of safety, health, and wellness to area businesses and communities of the West Central Ohio/Greater Lima Region.
For additional information as to how you can participate in Safety Council, contact Deb Katzenmeyer at 419.222.6708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$150.00 – ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES FOR FY2023
(July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023).
Each annual membership allows one person to attend all monthly meetings at no cost. Additional attendees of a SC member would be $15. Non-SC Members charge per meeting is $20. Registration for each meeting is required due to needing a headcount for breakfast.
Semi-Annual Reports are discontinued as of July 2022.
No more CEO attendance requirement
Ruth Kreher Safety Person Nomination Form on hold
WCOSC Community Safety Grant Application on hold
Steering Committee Members
President: Amy Ricker, Lima Pallet Company
Vice President: Crystal Jackson, Cenovus-Husky Lima Refinery
Past President: Craig Hohenbrink, INEOS
Tony Daley, Spallinger Millwright
Rose Hesseling, HCF Management
Joe Hutton, Fort Amanda Specialties
Deb Mosher, Institute for Orthopedic Surgery
Dean Bidlack, BWC Rep
Jed Metzger, Chamber Liaison
Safety Council Manager: Deb Katzenmeyer
- April 2022 | Webinar slides (Topics: Program options for employers, maintaining demographic information on our website, 7/1/2022 Estimated Annual Premium (EAP), important dates, and our monthly safety tip)
- March 2022 | Webinar slides (Topics: Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP), claim compensability and other claim allowance considerations, important dates, and our monthly safety tip)
- February 2022 | Webinar slides (Topics: Policy Activity Rebate (PAR) program, Transitional duty, Better You, Better Ohio! (BYBO) important dates, and our monthly safety tip)
- January 2022 | Webinar slides (Topics: 2021 year in review, program options for employers, important dates, and our monthly safety tip)
Sgt. Robert Fisher, On-Site Sheriff at Allen County OhioMeansJobs/JFS, received the Ruth Kreher Safety Person of the Year Award at the 63rd Annual West Central Ohio Safety Council Awards Banquet on Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Also pictured: Craig Hohenbrink, WCOSC President.
Sgt. Fisher with co-workers from the Allen County Sheriff’s Department.
Above: WCOSC Community Safety Grant Recipient
Bath Local Schools – Bus warning lights/signals
Pictured: Keanna McNamara and Craig Hohenbrink
Presentation of $1000.00 check to Justin Davis with Rock for the Heart, West Central Ohio Safety Council’s charity donation for 2018.
Ruth Kreher, former Safety Council Manager, and Jed Metzger, President/CEO of the Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce.
Destination Excellence – the Ohio BWC’s bundle of programs designed to help improve workplace safety, enhance injured worker care & lower workers’ comp costs. Click the image for more information.
Regional Customer Service Office
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation offers occupational safety, health, and ergonomic courses for Ohio employees to attend. Classes are available online and held throughout the state at our regional service offices.
One of the benefits for employers with active workers’ compensation coverage is there is no additional charge to register their employees for classes. Click on the green button below to view a list of courses available online and at BWC training facilities throughout Ohio.
Register for courses online using the BWC Learning Center, or call 1-800-644-6292 or 614-995-8622.
Safety + Health Magazine – a publication of the National Safety Council
Visit www.sh.nsc.org for online resources and articles
Safety Council Goals
- Retain and increase membership.
- Coordinate membership meetings beyond the BWC program requirements.
- Provide opportunities for the BWC to report to the membership on issues of
- Continue to increase online presence through the use of social media and other outlets.
- Schedule motivational speaker.
- Support the community through donations to Toys4Tots and other local charities.
- Collaborate with regional safety councils.
West Central Ohio Safety Council Partners